Handcrafted / Custom Order-Walleye
Because each of our custom can be an unique build with countless options, I feel it is important to discuss each handcrafted build with you so you understand what would be the perfect stick for you. Below are a couple of the important discussion points.
- Action and length. There simply is no end to the options for our walleye sticks. Whether it's pitching plastics in the cabbage, live bait rigging the breaklines, bottom bouncing the flats or slip bobbers over the rocks - if you can catch a walleye doing it, we can make a rod to get it done.
- Rear handle length. This measurement is made from the base of the reel seat to the butt end of the stick. While there are standard lengths, this can be very much individual preference. Hear me out on this one though. Lots of manufactured rods have shorter rear handle length because they use pre-formed handle kits. Because my handles are stacked from individual rings, you set the handle length. I like a 9 inch handle because the end of the stick rests on my forearm, giving me more leverage and better comfort.
Handle material and shape. You have a choice. The classic look of high quality natural cork or the no-slip grip and durability of Syncork. Whichever material you choose, each handle is individually shaped to your specifications on a special lathe.
- Guides. I build on stamped frame guides as my base guide. They are a great guide that are light weight and strong as heck.
- Personalize it. This is the fun part of making your stick yours. Thread color combinations and custom inscriptions are both available. There are so many options it's impossible to describe them all. If you'd like to see some examples to help you generate ideas for your rod, visit my Facebook page or find me on Instagram via the links at the bottom of the page.
- Payment. I don't take any money down. Rods are completed in the order they are received. The balance is due before shipment.